Design a site like this with
Get started

English 125

Dear Owen, I understood that you really wanted to do the Ron Paul curriculum, however, your mother didn’t want to. Well, I will be convincing your mother to purchase a program that will change your life, as well as her’s.  

First of all, a good program consists of how much you learn, and how much energy it takes out of the parent.  What if I told you that this program fulfills both equally important ideas.   This program is cheaper than your ordinary program, and it is self taught.  Meaning all you need to do is relax while your son/daughter does school.  Another great reason to purchase this program is that it teaches more than actual schools.  Each subject in this program is taught by a college student that I can guarantee knows what he/she is doing.  I would be surprised if this does not convince you to switch to the Ron Paul Curriculum.  Please type in this link on your browser and learn how your son, Owen, can grow and become a productive member of  society.  A Curriculum Like No Other (


Literature That Affected Me

I would say the book that affected me in a major way was Robinson Crusoe.  There are four reasons why I believe it affected me in a positive way.  First, it showed how he was evolving.  How he was growing into being an independent man, stranded on a deserted island.  Robinson needed to build huts, find and kill animals to gain food.  These parts hit me as a 11 year old kid.  It showed me that the worst that could happen, being stranded on a deserted island, it’s possible to survive.  So that really helped me improve on accepting bad news and being thankful for the food and love I get at home.  

The second reason is friendship.  When a bunch of cannibals invaded the island Robinson was on, he noticed that they had a native victim. The cannibals eat one of their own every now and then.  This young man was chosen, Robinson came in and saved the man.  Robinson taught the man how to survive and act like a civilized human being.  This helped me with my friendship problems.  

Third is the bible.  Robinson was not a Christian at the time of his shipwreck.  But he did manage to find a bible from the wreckage.  Robinson read this, and was filled with the complete love of God.  The Bible was a main part of Robinsons survival.  Without the bible he would have most likely given up.  This showed me that the bible can go a far way.  I accepted God even more than I did before.  This book totally taught the 11 year old me how to get through some hard things, friendship problems, and realize how much God loves to help us when we need it.  Robinson Crusoe had a large positive effect on me as a kid.  Which in some ways makes me relate to Keller, the blind and deaf woman who took all of the books she read into her heart.  The books were her main source of knowledge.

Last was following your heart.  Before Robinson decided to become a sailor, his father wanted him to be a lawyer (It ran in the family.)  However Robinson decided to go with what he truly wanted, and that was to become a sailor.  In the plain eye people would say that Robinson made a horrible decision.  Robinson was stranded on an island for 28 years, two months and 19 days.  I believe that he made the best decision, Not only did he learn so much, saved and became friends with Friday(The saved cannibal ) he also accepted God into his life.  This is why following your heart and what God tells you is one of the most important decisions you could ever make in your life.

Weekly Schedule

There are many things I do in my life that stop me from reaching my full potential.  The main one is playing video games on my computer.  Weekly, I spend far too much time playing video games. If I do the math, I spend over 25 hours weekly on video games.  Imagine the things I could do in that time!  In this paper I will simply be explaining to you what I could cut out of my weekly schedule to increase what I could do in that week.  

It is amazing what we could do.  A test was created in the streets of L.A.  What the man did was gather two contestants and a crowd of over 25 people.  What the man told the crowd was, “On one person no matter what, you cheer them on and make them think they made it, on the other contestant, Boo him and make him think he didn’t make it.”  The test began.  The man gathered a lady who worked at a hospital, he also grabbed a man who played Basketball as a profession.  The man put blind folds on both of the contestants, and brought one of them to the court.  The lady needed to make the basket with a blindfold on, she missed all of them, but the crowd made her believe she made it.  They did the same thing with the man, however, the man did a better job and made half of them blindfolded.  However the crowd booed him and made him think he missed all of them. To get to the point, the lady made way more baskets because she believed she could, the professional basketball player made half of what he did before.  Knowing this, that means that I could do the impossible if I were to cut out the 25 hours of games weekly.  But games aren’t the only things I need to cut out of my life.  

Technology is everywhere.  Most people that can afford technology use it most of their day.  Knowing this, all technology could cut out of my life and be 10x more efficient.  I use a paperwhite kindle to read, this also takes up a portion of my day.  Recently my family and I made a schedule to control our time on technology.  We removed over 10 hours of our weekly hours off.  We have been camping and going on bike rides daily.  This increased our efficiency greatly.  But I feel like I could go deeper.  If I were to cut off another 10 hours of my weekly schedule, then I would have more free time to workout, or go on more bike rides, or go to the lake and swim.  This could insure an efficient life for my whole family.  This concludes my paper on what I could remove from my weekly schedule in order to increase my efficiency. 

Washington’s Autobiography

This week I was assigned to write a paper on the book I was reading, Booker T. Washington’s autobiography, Up From Slavery.  What the book is about is the story of Booker, who was born 1856 april 5th.  He grew up in Virginia with his mother, brother, and sister.  He writes about slave life and how disrespected colored people were.  He also wrote on how his mother always prayed for God to let Abrahahm Lincoln to succeed in the black rights.  Then, in the year 1856, after the Civil War was won by Abraham, Booker and his family were declared free!  This is when we get into what Booker’s arguments against the slave system were.  

Once Booker and his family were declared free, they went to an old cabin that was, as he described, horribly built, Booker’s floor was dirt, no wood.  No windows to protect them from raging storms.  No cooking stoves or pans or anything to cook with, and massive breaches in the walls of the cabin.  Booker’s mother worked as a cook.  She was talented in this because she always cooked for her masters.  This was one of Washington’s arguments, low food supplies, and horrible living conditions.  

Late one night bookers mom brought home a chicken that was stolen from the owner of the restaurant Booker’s mom was working at.  This was theft, but Booker didn’t believe this.  This is one of the things I disagree with.  Stealing is wrong, no matter what.  Booker believes that it wasn’t stealing because his mother stole during a time when food was nearly impossible to get.  That doesn’t excuse thievery.  Booker begins to get into a topic about names.  This was another thing Booker strongly disagreed with.  

Booker said that slaves were treated like animals, this was due to the name slaves were often given.  He explained that slaves were not named by their real name, they were just called basic names like Robert or Rebbeca.  They were known as master’s Robert or master’s Rebbeca instantly claiming ownership over these humans.  Booker isn’t even his actual name, He doesn’t even know his real name.  Being mistreated by the owners was another argument Booker had against the slave system.  

Another thing Booker disagreed with was the schooling system.  Once the Civil War was won, there were no schools that colored people could go to.  There were 70 year old men that didn’t know how to read.  A little bit later Booker moved out of their old hut to move into yet another bad hut except with Bookers step-dad.  During Booker’s spare-time he found a book laying around, and he decided to attempt to learn the alphabet.  A few years later he attended a school for colored people of all ages.  This is how he learned to read and write.  This ends my paper about the slave system that Booker disagrees with. 

Business Lesson 50

For week 10 of the Ron Paul Curriculum Business 1, I was assigned to read the book, Living The 80/20 Way.  This book taught me how to benefit largely by only putting 20% effort to gain 80% reward.  At first as I was reading the book, it didn’t make very much sense, but on page 26, I feel as if I finally had a good grasp on the concept.  

Richard Koch gave this example, imagine you are a teenager wanting a date with an attractive boy or girl.  You could do three things, think about how nice the date would be but do nothing about it or you could draw attention to yourself, or earn the approval of the parents of the boy/girl.  This is a full on 80% effort for the chance of a 20% gain back.  The boy/girl could most likely not even notice.  Or you could do the 20% just ask him/her on a date.  Same possible outcome, just less effort.  

The next page that stood out to me was page 72.  You want to become lazy.  A hard working person is often too busy to spot what is important.  While a lazy person finds ways to get around the hard spots, they try to find the least work road possible.  This is one of the most important keys to succeeding in the 80/20 way, become lazy. 

The last page that really stood out to me was page 128. What happens in this part of the book is Richard Koch is explaining a story of a fisherman who is the example of too lazy.  There are limits to being lazy.  What happened is that there was a tourist that saw a fisherman walk away from his boat with one huge fish, the tourist asked why he did catch even more fish out there.  The fisherman said he has just enough to feed his family.  Then that is when the tourist explains that if he would stay out there and work real hard he would be able to buy boats, then loan them to people, then make millions of dollars.  This will be possible in just about 17 years, the tourist said.  The point of this story is that 17 years could lead to the rest of your life in freedom, doing nothing.  Instead of constant work.  This concludes my paper of 20% of the 80/20 way that got to me the most and influenced me to give it a try.  I already have the laziness mastered.  


I believe the most important dialogue from memory would be accuracy.  There are a few reasons behind this.  My first reason is that with accuracy you could pinpoint all of the emotional parts.  You could give the person reading the book a good vision of what you are talking about, thus giving it liveliness.  Killing two birds with one stone.  Another thing accuracy covers, believe it or not, is succinctness.  Succinctness means reciting the replies by a human easily and accurately, thus meaning that accuracy also covers succinctness. 

A good example of accuracy is Kourdakov reciting the event when they took place.  For instance, right when Kourdakov was living with his newly adopted family, he wrote his biography.  He was 23 when this happened, and he was 19 when he started persecuting.  This means that his information was fresh.  This is accuracy.  And that’s why I believe it is the most important out of all of the other dialogues.  

Without accuracy we wouldn’t be able to feel what he is feeling.  For instance when he described the feeling of accepting Christ, I understood that.  The book would be boring without accuracy.  I wouldn’t be able to feel or understand what he is saying if he just says, ”and then I accepted Christ.”  Rather than, “something definite, concrete, and positive. I felt the change. I felt the peace of God inside me.”   Now tell me, which sentence did you like more?  The one I wrote or the one that Koudakov wrote?  This is a perfect example of what accuracy is.  

As humans accuracy is a very important thing we need to collect precise information.   In this paper I wrote about which I think is the most important dialogue to be used while reciting something from memory.  Accuracy helps the reader to feel what the writer is feeling.  This concludes my paper.  



What would I have to give up in order to save 10% of my income?  Well, lets just find out the numbers.  The average income of a normal American is $63,179 a year.  The way you find 10% of this number is to move the decimal point once to the left.  So 10% of the normal American income is $6,317.90.  $6.3k could buy you quite a lot.  So there are a few unnecessary things you may need to cut off in your life to save $6.3k. With $6.3k you can buy many game consoles, a tv, and if you are not interested in video games, you could buy furniture.  I don’t know what you would buy without tv or games.  To get to the point, you can buy some useless items for entertainment with $6.3k.  This means that you wouldn’t have to give up much to save 10% of your income annually.  But, are there benefits to saving?  Yes there are, and these are the benefits.  

Let’s say two years pass of you taking out $6.3k of your account every year to save.  You didn’t buy anything that you didn’t need.   Just the bare essentials like groceries, energy and water bills.  Well, when do you get to spend your $12,635.80?   You don’t exactly ever spend it until later.  This business book I am reading, The Richest Man in Babylon, says that the 10% should be used to put in a savings account and savings-based life insurance.   You don’t really ever spend the 10% money on what you want.  The point is to get into the habit of saving annually, and getting used to the idea that you will not spend this on anything entertainment wise.  

However, 10% of your annual income is only 10%.  You have the remaining 90% to spend. Although most of it will go towards bills and food, you will still have a bunch leftover.  You can use this extra money, which is called expendable income, to buy what pleases you.  Saving isn’t a boring life without any money spent towards entertainment, saving just ensures a happy life in the long run.  

This concludes my paper on what you would have to give up to save 10% of your income annually.  Just in case you didn’t get the answer, I think that you would have to give up on hardly anything.  Not every single dollar you make is going towards bills.  This concludes my paper.

Kourdakov Contrasts

For those of you who don’t know who Kourdakov is, well I will give a one word summary, Persecutor.  Yes, Kourdakov was a Persecutor, he is part of a special police group that ambushes believers.  Now, why did he do that? Well, that’s what I will be writing about in this essay, I will also point out the contrast he makes between believers and criminals.   

The first moment that we get a true glimpse of Kourdakov’s passion against believers is in chapter 13.  He was assigned to ambush these believers in a calm forest near a lake, while the believers were in the middle of a baptismal service.  Kourdakov and his men went to the forest the day before the baptism began, they wanted the cutting edge so they could surprise the believers’.   While Kourrdakov and his men were waiting, they drank and fought.  The next morning Kourdakov woke up and his men were ready.  The weapons of choice were pretty intense,  they had metal bats with a thin rubber cover, these bats could break bones.  The reason they had intense weapons was because before this mission they ambushed another group of believers. However they chose not to use weapons and just detain them.  The police captain didn’t approve of this and was very disappointed because the believers need to face a more severe punishment.  Kourdakov and his men are now prepared to kill if needed.  

Kourdakov’s men snuck through the forest, and they found the believers, Kourdakov put so much detail in this chapter, it was quite disturbing.  They broke many bones, and killed the baptist by knocking him out and drowning him.  They tied up the believers and sent them to prison.  Now, Kourdakov believed these believers were the same as criminals.  The reason he thought this was because he was taught that believers were enemies of the Communist party.  However, later in the book Kourdakov begins to notice that these believers didn’t fight back, and they don’t really harm the society.  Kourdakov is now contrasting even more, and is now realizing the truth.  Will Kourdakov change his view of believers further in the book?

Job Decisions

In my opinion, creating your own business would be far more better than being an apprentice to a successful business.  I feel like owning your own business has more pros than cons.  For starters, you get to grow with your business.  This, I feel, is far more better than joining a business.  

Personally for me, I would prefer to do the least amount of work possible.  Having my own job will, yes, be a lot of hard work in the beginning, but as you grow you hire, thus having people work for you.  This is beneficial in the long run.  Another pro is that you can make your own decisions.  Let’s say I get hired to work for McDonalds.  But I disagree with the food they give out, I can’t do anything about that.  However, when I have my own business, I can control the food, or items I sell.  Thus providing the amount of care I feel is necessary.  However, there are cons.  

Businesses go up and down, all depending on the demand of certain items.  For instance, if I were to provide amazing fuel for your vehicles, well, due to COVID-19, I would be suffering right now.  I would have to power through that.  Another con is that at the first start of your business would be very challenging due to the low amount of help you can afford.  And the last con i can think of is the time it takes to become known.  It would quite literally take a few years or more to get your business to the public.  

Besides all of the cons, I would say that the pros outweigh the cons.  This is the reason I would start my own business rather than being an apprentice to a mentor.